Check it out here: Technorati Weblog: State of the Blogosphere, August 2005
- Technorati was tracking over 14.2 Million weblogs, and over 1.3 billion links in July 2005
- The blogosphere continues to double about every 5.5 months
- A new blog is created about every second, there are over 80,000 created daily
- About 55% of all blogs are active, and that has remained a consistent statistic for at least a year
- About 13% of all blogs are updated at least weekly
Wow! This is even ‘worse’ than Moore’s law!
How long will it take before my parents are going to start a weblog?
Follow this trend (using a 6 months periods in stead of 5.5)
2005 July 14.2
2006 Jan 28.4
2006 July 58.8
2007 Jan 113.6
2007 July 227.2
2008 Jan 908.8
2008 July 1817.6
2009 Jan 3635.2
2009 July 7270.4
2010 Jan 14540.8
How long will it take untill this trend is broken?
Or will my dishwasher get a blog?
Will it dish me on the web by telling the world I don’t do the maintenance according to the manual? 🙂